Thursday, December 11, 2008

Overcoming Inertia: Get Your Lazy A** Moving!


Interia is defined as "...the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest." To overcome intertia the body or object needs to be acted on by some outside force. (Your physics lesson for the day.) I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago and did no posting while gone. When I returned I tried to post again, but overcoming the inertia of being inert was difficult. So you have not seen much from me lately. (No one has been clamoring for my return, so maybe there is a message in that, hmmm...) Anyway, I was acted on by an outside force and it is getting me to post again. The outside force was the HR Bartender, aka, Sharlyn Lauby, who TAGGED ME. According to her blog the rules for tagging are the following:
  • Link to the original tagger(s), and list these rules on my blog.
  • Share 7 facts about myself in the post - some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of my post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.

7 Facts About Me

  1. I once studied monkeys and chimpanzees. Worked on a project that was teaching a chimp a specialized language.
  2. I abandoned that line of study 3 years into a Ph.D. Never looked back.
  3. I have raced in several triathlons, despite my size. I race as a Clydesdale.
  4. I am 57 and I have been married 37 years this December 18th. We were high school sweethearts.
  5. I regret that I never served in the military, even though I came from a military family.
  6. I have a wicked, sometimes ribald, sense of humor. (Scratch the sometimes, substitute often.)
  7. I don't understand people who have a victim mentality.

Tags

Cathy Martin of Find Your Metrics That Matter

Michael Moore of Pennsylvania Labor and Employment

Dan MacCarthy of Great Leadership

Phil Gerbyshak of Slacker Manager

Valeria Maltoni of Conversation Agent

Ann Bares of Compensation Force

Kris Dunn of The HR Capitalist

So there you go. I am off the couch and posting again. Stay tuned.

No comments: